Terms + Conditions
- All rates are quoted in Australian dollars.
- The rental rate is inclusive of daily breakfast.
- The published rate does not include 10% government tax and 5% service charge. When booking these are added to give you a final total.
- 50% Deposit required at booking time on all bookings. Balance of booking amount must be paid by bank transfer 60 days in advance of arrival. For all bookings made within 60 days of arrival, the full amount is required to be paid on notice of booking acceptance .
- Where applicable credit card charges will be passed on to client, currently this is 1.9% of transaction value.
- There is a minimum stay requirement of three (3) nights.
- During school holidays there is a minimum stay requirement of five (5) nights. Guest only have the option of booking the entire villa during these periods.
- Villa check in time is 2pm. Check out time is 11 am. A late check-out can be arranged subject to availability.
- Smoking is not permitted inside enclosed areas of the villa.
- Booking payments are non-refundable when cancellation of a booking is caused by the guest. If the villa is re-let for the entire period to an equivalent value a refund of the monies will be made less a 10% cancellation fee.
- The villa disclaims any and all liability of property loss or damage, as well as injury including death sustained by any person whilst residing at the villa or while engaged on any tour whether the loss or injury occurs as a result of breach of contractual obligations of the villa, its staff, employees or agent.
If payment is not received within the 5 working day period, the owners reserve the right to void the Guest’s booking request.
Where a 50% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 50% balance not less than 60 days before the scheduled arrival date.
All payments must be made in AUD Dollars, unless otherwise agreed with the owner, and must be made in accordance with the owners payment instructions as set out in the Guest’s booking confirmation.
If payments are not made on or before the due dates as required herein, the Owner may cancel the booking, in which case this Rental Contract will be thereby terminated without any further notice required. Cancellation charges may apply as detailed below.
Normally a security deposit would be required to be paid on or before arrival to a villa, this is to cover unforseen issues such as damage to property or extraordinary cleaning requirements.
If you have provided your credit card details a security deposit is not required to be paid however the owners reserve the right to deduct additional fees from your credit card upon departure should it be necessary.
If this cost cannot be reasonably determined prior to the Guest’s departure, the Owner or the Owner’s Representative is entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate and will return any balance to the Guest as soon as possible after the actual cost has been determined.
Damage or Losses
Any damage or losses caused during the Rental Period, as well as any special cleaning requirements will be the Guest’s responsibility and may be charged to the Guest’s account and deducted from the Guest’s security deposit. In cases of excessive or unacceptable loss or damage at any time during the Rental Period, the Owner or Owner’s Representative may require the Guest and their party, including visitors to vacate the Property immediately, without compensation or refund.
Where payment has been made for the booking by credit card any cost of replacement or restitution of damaged goods will be applied to the credit card.
The Property and its facilities are available for the Guest’s full enjoyment during the Rental Period. However the Owner, Owner’s Representative, or other staff and contractors may need access to the Property from time to time (e.g. for maintenance purposes to the house, garden, swimming pool, utilities and services, or for the purposes of providing additional services requested by the Guest, etc.). The Guest is required to give them reasonable access to the Property for these purposes.
Number of Guests
The number of persons (adults and children) staying at the Property must not exceed the maximum number of sleeping places indicated in the booking confirmation unless specifically authorised in writing. Exceeding this number may invalidate any insurance policy on the Property. Entry or access to the Property may be refused or limited where the number of guests exceeds the stated requirement. No pets are allowed unless agreed in writing in advance.
Guests 18 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, +25 years of age for the full duration of the stay.
Use of Property
All bookings are assumed to be for normal holiday purposes only, and the Guest agrees that the use of the Property will be limited to this purpose unless otherwise confirmed in writing.
If the Guest is planning to hold an event, such as a wedding or party, which involves having a larger number of people at the Property, or if the Guest is planning to use the Property for a purpose other than holiday, please communicate this to the owner at the time of booking, as special approval or arrangements may be required.
Depending on the nature of the event, a surcharge and/or additional security deposit may be required, which will be agreed and confirmed in writing prior to confirming the reservation.
The price charged is for domestic use only and is not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for extra wear associated with excessive functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
Commercial/large functions must be agreed upon in advance any associated fees paid prior to occupancy. Use contrary to this may result in additional payments, termination of rental and/or loss of bond.
Conduct and Due Care
Villa Lago is respectful of its neighbour’s quiet enjoyment of the environment within reason and as such the Guest is asked to respect this, and ensure that all guests and visitors to the Property behave appropriately. Illegal or immoral activities including gambling, prostitution, prohibited drugs, possession or use of pyrotechnics or dangerous goods, and possession or use of firearms and other weapons are all strictly prohibited.
The Guest is responsible for the behaviour of the guests staying at the Property, as well as visitors to the Property during the Rental Period. Should any guest(s) or visitor(s) not behave in a suitable manner, the Owner or Owner’s Representative may, in their absolute discretion, require the Guest, their party and/or visitor(s) to leave the premises and/or vacate the Property immediately, without compensation or refund
In the interests of safety, due care should be taken at the Property at all times, especially with children. Suitable supervision should be given around pools and stairs when using all Property’s facilities.
Valuables and Security
Any Guest valuables or property left or used at the Property are at the Guest’s own risk. Neither the Owner nor the Owner’s Representative accepts any responsibility for loss of or damage to Guest property. The Guest is responsible for the Property during the Rental Period, and must ensure that all windows and doors are locked securely when not on the premises. Any act or omission by the Guest, their party and/or visitors which may negate or prejudice the Property’s insurance policy and/or results in loss or damage is the Guest’s responsibility.
Once the Guest’s booking is confirmed, the price of the Guest’s reservation is fully guaranteed, even if the owner changes the price on its website after the Guest’s booking has been confirmed. In return for this commitment, no refunds will be made for any exchange rate fluctuations that would otherwise reduce the rental cost.
If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to the owner. All cancellation notices received by the owner will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
Booking payments are non-refundable when cancellation of a booking is caused by the guest. If the villa is re-let for the entire period to an equivalent value a refund of the monies will be made less a 10% cancellation fee.
Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to:
- Cancellation of one or more days of a booking;
- An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking;
- Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and
- Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
Every attempt will be made for the Guest to have an enjoyable stay. If the Guest should have a problem during the Rental Period, please inform the Owner or Owner’s Representative immediately who will endeavour to put things right. In order for the Guest’s complaint to be addressed, the Guest must communicate any problem whilst on location. If no complaint is reported during the Rental Period, the Owner will assume that the Property was to the Guest’s satisfaction and no complaint will be entertained.
Self-catering accommodations require that the Guest supply all provisions and consumables necessary for daily living. The staff at the Property may accommodate any reasonable requests to purchase provisions on the Guest’s behalf, and this will be charged to the Guest’s account.
Where guests consume food and beverages that have been supplied by the villa, the guests will be charged at the end of their stay and payment shall be made in Rupiah prior to the departure. A 10% service charge is applicable to the invoiced amount.
Neither the Owner nor the Owner’s Representative accepts any responsibility or liability for:
- any physical injury, sickness, death, loss, damage, inconvenience or additional expenses incurred by the Guest, their party or visitors regardless of the cause;
- any vehicle or the contents of any vehicle used, hired or engaged by the Guest or their party during the Rental Period; inability of the Guest or any member of the Guest’s party to enter the location of the Property or stay at the Property for all or part of the Rental Period as a result of failure to obtain appropriate travel or visa documentation, cancellation or amendments to travel arrangements or the missing of flights or travel connections; and/or
- any delay or cancellation of the booking as a result of war, threat of war, riot or civil strife, strike, demonstration, terrorist activity (threatened or actual), natural disaster, fire, sickness, weather conditions, action at an airport or port by any government or public authority, technical problems relating to transport and airport regulations caused by technical, mechanical or electrical breakdowns, or any technical, structural, electrical, plumbing or other problems or difficulties with the Property which make it unsafe or unusable, or any other circumstances which amount to ‘force majeure’ or Acts of God, or other events beyond the Owner’s control.
In no case will the Owner or the Owner’s Representative individually or collectively be liable to make any payment or give any refund or compensation of any amount over and above the total rental amount paid.
This agreement will be governed by the laws of Indonesia. In the event of controversy arising from the booking and Property rental that cannot be resolved amicably between the parties, both parties agree to exclusively refer the matter to the Singapore International Arbitration Centre to be resolved finally by arbitration in the English language.
By making its booking request, the Guest agrees that these terms and conditions have been read, understood and have been accepted and agreed to by the Guest without reservation and without exception.
If any of the conditions of this Rental Contract are or become or are deemed to be invalid, or if there is any omission from any terms and conditions, the remaining terms and conditions will remain valid and enforceable and cannot be contested.